|Posted on July 9, 2014 at 11:20 PM||comments (1)|
1. Take a 10- 30 minute walk everyday. And while you walk, smile. It is the ultimate anti-depressant.
2. Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes a day. Buy a lock if you have to.
3. Take 10 deep breaths each day.
4. Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and eat less food that is manufa...Read Full Post »
|Posted on May 13, 2014 at 9:00 PM||comments (1)|
The beauty services and therapeutic treatment staff members of Jade Organic Salon will be blogging here along with me. Today we're featuring Mary Gorka, RN, and Healing Touch practitioner. Mary is giving monthly presentations on health and wellness topics under the brand of White Feather Workshops. Her " . . . on Mary's Mind" programs focus on Health Assurance - the things we can all do to support our own health and wellness.
Las...Read Full Post »
|Posted on April 30, 2014 at 9:00 PM||comments (1)|
10. All the hair follicles you'll ever have are formed when you're a fetus (5 months).
9. 13 days is the time it takes for any white or grey hairs to show from stress, shock or aging.
8. On average you can loose 50-150 strands a day (unless you're bald, duh).
7. Each strand of hair contains up to 14 elements, including gold.
6. Each hair strand has it's own nerv...Read Full Post »
|Posted on February 3, 2014 at 12:20 AM||comments (0)|
Fran, a "senior" client came in the other day. She's lovin' her natural salt and pepper hair color - only there's a lot of salt these days. Fran asked what could be done. She didn't want a whole head process of color. She said she did that years ago as DIY, didn't like it and had a burning and itchy scalp. She's really happy with the blending of her natural shades. Fran also was concerned about exposure to chemicals in hair color products.
I suggested adding "low ligh...Read Full Post »
|Posted on January 12, 2014 at 6:40 PM||comments (0)|
In other postings I've stressed our concern for our clients' and our staff members' exposure to harmful and cancer-causing ingredients in hair coloring products.
Our products are free of PPD and formaldehyde (listed on the American Cancer Society's web site under Known and Probable Human Carcinogens).
The tv show, The Doctors, recently did a segment on allergic re...Read Full Post »
|Posted on November 22, 2013 at 11:50 PM||comments (5)|
How many of us suffer from dry skin and hair in the cold winter months? As much as we don't like it, that time of year is upon us!
You may be struggling trying to find the products that will help keep your hair and skin hydrated, without containing harmful chemicals or breaking the bank. Natural oils and remedies tend to be pure which makes them a better choice for many people. Other over-the-counter products have a ton of ingredients in them, most of which contain preservatives. A...Read Full Post »
|Posted on November 1, 2013 at 12:10 AM||comments (1)|
Great news! Jade Organic Salon is now open! I'm so excited to show everyone my expanded line of organic hair color products - no harmful fumes, no respiratory irritants, no burning scalp.
You can find us at the top of Butler Avenue next to the Dunkin Donuts in Ambler. Hope to see you soon!